Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Music Crush

I recently refound the band that I fell in love with while in Greece. They played on their version of MTV (which played actual music, go figure).

Photo
Melisses (which means Honey in Greek) caught my attention with a hit called "Epikindina Filia." It had a great beat and, although I don't actually know the majority of the words, it's still really catchy. I played it almost every morning while getting ready after hearing it on Samos.


Here's a page with the English translation, if you're interested. Epikindia filia in English means Dangerous Kisses.

They have songs in English which are pretty catchy as well. And of course other good Greek songs (of which I know a word or two). But honestly, I don't think we actually need to understand the words to enjoy a song. How many of us actually pay attention to what we're singing when we sing along with a song?

I suggest you check them out (here's their YouTube page), if for nothing more than to say you know of a Greek pop band.

And if any of the Greek guys who hit on me overseas would have looked like them, I would have actually given them a chance. As long as they didn't call me over like a dog. True story.

Are you a fan of a band or music from another country?

No comments:

Post a Comment