Sunday, April 3, 2011

Dad's Visit

This past Friday, Tyler convinced me to be somewhat social and we went out to the bars. Kilroy's was almost dead, but there were the Jim Bean girls giving away free shots and the Budweiser girls with beer. There was also a ridiculous number of sorority bars crawl and a lot of girls in different outfits (one group looked like the Jamacian bobsled team from Cool Runnings). We did hit up the new bar, Dunnkirk, to check it out. I like it, personally. It can host live bands (like the Bluebird) but there's a second story where you can sit in booths or around the railing and watch instead of standing in a crowd. The only downside is that they don't really serve Long Islands but instead some Apple Pucker mixed drink. It wasn't too bad, but it wasn't a Long Island.

My dad came to visit this weekend on Saturday. He came over and we went to dinner at Amol India, grabbed some candy at the shop of Kirkwood and he helped me put my new plates on my car. We just hung out Saturday night and watched some tv, which was nice cause it feels like forever since the last time I saw him. Sunday morning he helped fix some carpet in my apartment and we hit up Village Deli for lunch. It was a nice weekend and I'm glad he got a chance to come over. But with him on his way home, I now need to do homework. But I feel exactly like this:
I'm going to try and focus on what I need to do, but I don't know if I can promise much. Maybe a pot of coffee is in order :)

Tomorrow I'll talk about the new Pilates class I'm taking and why I had to switch insurance companies. Fun times! Off to homework!

No comments:

Post a Comment