Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Shoe #16 and the Apple Orchard

Today started off as one of those days, but ended on a good note. After losing two containers of nail polish to an accident and having a purple sink, my day did finally get better. I also wore a pair of my knee-high boots that I bought in Athens.


It's not the greatest picture without actually wearing them. They can't stand up on their own but they are a soft leather. I wore them to class and to the apple orchard/pumpkin patch.


I LOVE apple orchards and pumpkin patches. To me, it's not fall unless I've been to one. And this one in Monrovia lets you pick your own apples. I got a peck of Gaslip apples, which are slightly tart but delicious for eating and cooking. I had a lot of fun wandering the trees, picking my favorite apples.


After gathering our apples, we headed back to look at the pumpkins.


I like mine tall so I can carve a good face. I found my pumpkin easily.


Tyler prefers his short and fat.

While I was at the orchard, I of course had to pick up my favorite fall drink: apple cider!!

Our haul
In total, we picked up a peck of apples, two pumpkins, cider, two acorn squash and a spaghetti squash (which we had for dinner and it was delicious).

I've been super overwhelmed with classes and it was nice to get out and have a nice afternoon in the country. I love fall!

What do you do for a mini-break?

No comments:

Post a Comment