Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Yummy-ness

After (probably) failing my Spanish exam, I got home and was rather peckish. I know it sounds really weird, but my newest snack consists of green apples dipped in balsamic vinegar. I had it on a salad and wondered how it would be alone. I know it sounds weird but its so yummy. The balsamic is tart enough that it makes the green apples sweet, and the apples soak up the vinegar. Num.

I was watching Chopped on Food Network, a show where chefs are given a basket of random foods and have to come up with appetizers, entrees and desserts. And  I got to thinking, they may be a little more creative than I am (probably with a better pallet), but I do the same thing. I'm a broke college student, so I shop my cabinets for different combinations for dinner. Like tonight, I had Tyler take some frozen chicken out when I was at work. In my casserole dish, I threw together a can to diced tomatoes (with salsa seasoning), milk, corn, taco seasoning, brown rice and the chicken. Throw that in the oven for 45 minutes and Voila! Yummy dinner. It took a little more time than they have on Chopped, but see...I can do it too!!

Now to go and enjoy my creation :)

I found this while Stumbling and found it pretty funny:

No comments:

Post a Comment