Tuesday, March 22, 2011

That Time of the Week

It's that time of the week again...when I realize that I probably shouldn't sleep in order to catch up on everything I need to do. That is only exacerbated by the fact that I have a 3-day drill this weekend, which means I'll probably get NOTHING done. So I could either sleep, or fail to finish a 2500 word rough draft, study for a Spanish exam and finish some anthropology readings for a quiz Wednesday night...can I go back to Spring Break again? Or I guess I'll just make a rather large pot of my Mint coffee :)

The rough draft is for a class that I actually don't mind - my History Intensive Writing class. The main grade is a 20 page paper about a legal topic that is associated with famous cases. I like the topic I picked and I'm actually interested in my research topic (but I still refuse to think about law school). I just have a TON TON TON of readings that need to be done to get what I want from the paper. I have about 6 or 7 law reviews (never short of course), along with about 10 different cases and results that I also need to go over. And all this needs to be somewhat put into a coherent rough draft.

In other, less stressful activities, I'm starting to work out again. I didn't gain all that much weight on the cruise (luckily), but I'm still ridiculously out of shape. So, I signed up for a Pilates Reformer class (where they use a machine) as an incentive to keep working out, since I did pay for it. I thought I signed up for a class at 6:45 to 7:45 pm on Mondays (and the little paper they gave me confirmed it), but it was apparently at 6:45 to 7:45 A.M....I am not that gung-ho. The staff at my Rec Center were nice enough to let me switch to the Sunday afternoon class.

The weather here has been really nice the last couple days, with temperatures in the 70s. Of course it's Indiana in March, so that's only supposed to last until tomorrow and then it'll drop back down to the 40s. Of course it will, because I will be outside on a shooting range all weekend in Indiana. And having nice weather for that would defeat the purpose ;)

Well, time to get my nose back to the grindstone!
This goes out to all the guys in my small, country, surrounded-by-corn town of 4,000 of thought they were "gangster"

No comments:

Post a Comment