Saturday, July 16, 2011

Operation T-shirt Blanket: Part 1

My colorful shirts, ready to go
I picked up the sewing machine I'm borrowing from a woman at work in order to start my blanket! I also stopped by Hobby Lobby and got some fleece backing and some cute grey-polka dot fabric for borders. I'm excited to get rid of at least 5 or 6 of my shirts and to have a cute and comfy blanket.

But of course I can't do anything on my own. Others must approve of what I do...
I approve of your fleece choice
I had to get the approval of fabric choice by both Tommy and Bella. They also liked the soft tape measure and chased that around while I was trying to use it. I did have to chase them off the table while I was sewing for safety's sake. But they were around for everything else.
Bella playing in the scraps
Just in case the shirts decide to get up and walk away
I'm hoping that this head cold I have will go away and I can actively finish the blanket tomorrow instead of napping and taking breaks all day. But I plan on downing some meds and working my way through the rest of the blanket. My grandma would be so proud of me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment