Tuesday, June 28, 2011

M.I.A.

I've been a little MIA the last couple days. That's thanks to a mix of laziness, school work, and cleaning I had to do. My room was a mess, laundry needed to be done and I hadn't done groceries in a while either. First I had to catch up on all of that.

I've also been feeling like poo. Being my normal self, I've just been ignoring it, drinking alot of fluids and taking Advil or Tylenol. After waking up in the middle of the night with a pain in my side, my mom convinced me to go to the health center. And what would you know, sometimes Moms are right. I have a kidney infection (fun times!) and am now on multiple meds to make me feel better.

So now that all of that is taken care of, I can write a little. Saturday I made and AH-MAZING pasta salad. I got the recipe from one of the many cooking blogs I follow, The Hungry Texan. I love BLTs as it is, so the idea of making it into a pasta salad intrigued me. That and the recipe called for 2 POUNDS of bacon. So it had to be amazing. And it didn't disappoint. With the slight coating in ranch, it really does taste like a sandwich in a bowl. And I have enough to last me all week. YUM.

I made it to the farmer's market this weekend, finally. The fresh veggies I got were, on average, cheaper than what I get at the grocery store, and obviously fresher. I'll be having squash, zucchini and cucumbers with dinner all week.

I leave you today with a little cartoon that is basically me in cat form.
Can you tell which one is me? I'll give you a hint: it's not the one trying to calm him down.

No comments:

Post a Comment